cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What are silver and gold cards?

DialerString_2
Level 3
Level 3

I heard someone say something about changing out silver and gold cards. Can someone give me and idea of what this is or provide me with a resource. Can't seem to find anything online.

2 Replies 2

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

In the following example, precedence 6-7 traffic is given strict priority over all other traffic (which may cause starvation). To give precedence 4-5 traffic 50 percent of the remaining bandwidth and precedence 0-3 traffic the remaining 50 percent, follow the steps below.

First, configure three class-maps, as follows:

Router(config)# class-map match-any MDRR-CLASS-GOLD

Router(config-cmap)# match ip precedence 6 7

Router(config-cmap)# match mpls experimental 6 7

Router(config)# class-map match-any MDRR-CLASS-SILVER

Router(config-cmap)# match ip precedence 4 5

Router(config-cmap)# match mpls experimental 4 5

Router(config)# class-map match-any MDRR-CLASS-BRONZE

Router(config-cmap)# match ip precedence 0 1 2 3

Router(config-cmap)# match mpls experimental 0 1 2 3

You can also configure this example using two class-maps and then use the class-default to include all other traffic. It is also possible to configure more than 4 precedences in a single class; however, it requires the use of additional match commands.

Next, attach all three classes to a policy map. If none of the classes is a priority class, the maximum number of classes configurable, including the class-default class, is seven. When class-default is not specified, at least 1 percent must be allocated to this class.

Thanks, sbilqi - This helps out alot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: