Views
Helpful
Replies

access cifs server, need authenticate many times in ASA clientless SSLVPN

jackson.ku
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have a ASA5580 ( ASA version 8.1.1, ASDM version 6.1.3 ). I tried to access CIFS servers. After I passed CIFS server authentication and click any files or folders, it popup another one authentication windows, I must type CIFS server username and password again to access those files or folders. I have configure ASA5510 before, but never see that problem. Can you help me to resolve this problem?

Best Regards,

1 Reply 1

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

Clientless SSL VPN serves remote users with HTTPS portal pages that interface with proxy CIFS and/or FTP clients running on the security appliance. Using either CIFS or FTP, clientless SSL VPN provides users with network access to the files on the network, to the extent that the users meet user authentication requirements and the file properties do not restrict access. The CIFS and FTP clients are transparent; the portal pages delivered by clientless SSL VPN provide the appearance of direct access to the file systems.Check if the file access is configured properly on the ASA as any misconfiguration might cause this issue.