Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.1 group mapping with AD

pemasirid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have issue with AD group mapping with local ACS (5.1). The issue is that it is able to authenticate any users in the AD eventhough I have a map with local ACS group to a particular group of the AD.

here is my config:

1. Add two group of AD to Directory Group in the Active Directory section of ACS

2. in the Default Device Admin

- Identity: AD1

-group mapping: AD1:ExternalGroup (AD groupname) and Result: identity group: local ACS group

-  Authorization profile:

identity group: acs local particular group

NDG:device type: all

NDG:location: ANY

Can someone explain me what I am missing here..?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Nate Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi pemasirid,

Can you send a report from the Monitoring and Reporting section of the ACS? Go to that section > Reports > AAA Protocol > TACACS/Radius Authentication (whichever you are using) and click the details icon next to a failed authentication. Send the resulting information.

Also you technically don't need the group mapping at all - you could delete that part and add the AD1:ExternalGroups directly to the access rules by clicking the customize button on that page. That could streamline the configuration a little.

Thanks,

Nate

Hi Austin,

Many thanks for your response. Actually my issue is not authentication failing, but authenticating non-it users from the IT group which I dont want. (actually, authentiating any users in AD to my devices).

I have attached the TACACS report for passed authentication of non it user. (Before the below changes)

Also I have removed the group mapping and added the AD1:ExternalGroups to under group mapping tap.but still no luck.

Thanks

Thanks for the clarification.

So its hitting the rule called "Network Device Authorization" and returning the "Full Access" Shell profile. What are the conditions for that rule? Can you send a screenshot of that page?

Thanks,

Nate