cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.4 Sponsor portal - Modify subject and Icon of Guest Account Expiration Notice email

Daniel Girard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to modify the subject and the icon of the Guest Account Expiration Notice email, but cannot find where this can be done.

Thanks for your help. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSCvq42545

open to track the email subject in English. It should be visible to customers in a couple of days.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Please provide more details and screenshot to showcase more of the request

When configuring guest types (Workcenter -> Portals and Components -> Guest types), there is an option to configure an Account Expiration Notification :

AEN.jpg

The "Use customization from" option is an access to Guest portals customizations (Workcenter -> Portals and Components -> Guest Portals). But when you access a Guest Portals customization, I cannot find where to customize the Account expiration notification.

In the Portals page customization -> Notifications -> Emails, it is only possible to customize the Approval Message for Self-Registration Guests, the Approval Message for Social Login Guests, the Denial Message for Self Registration or Social Login Guests. There is no customization for the Account expiration notification :

AEN2.jpg

The email for the Account expiration notification is sent in this format :

AEN3.jpg

I would like to change the subject of this email (To put it in french), remove the icon and replace it with our logo.

As you can see, defined variables do not work as well.

Thanks for your help.

Has anyone figured out a way to accomplish this?

I have not tested these, but ...

For the subject value, I believe we should be able to change it via the language files of the corresponding guestType.

Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 10.03.41 AM.png

As shown below in the content of the default English.properties file, key.guestType.ui_pre_expiration_email_subject is the one we want to change on.

LocaleKeys=en,en-us,en-gb,en-au,en-nz,en-za,en-ca,en-ie
key.guestType.ui_guest_type_label=Guest Type
key.guestType.ui_pre_expiration_email_subject=Guest Account Expiration Notice
key.guestType.ui_pre_expiration_email_message=Your account is going to expire in 3 days. Please notify your sponsor to extend your account now to avoid any delays.
key.guestType.ui_pre_expiration_sms_message=Your account is going to expire in 3 days. Please notify your sponsor to extend your account now to avoid any delays.

For the icon, it should follow the same used in the Portal Page Customization > Email Notification of the sponsor portal configured in the guestType.

Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 10.04.51 AM.png

I just tested this. The logo/icon is customized as I described earlier. And, the subject appears from the English.properties only in the Language File in the guest type.Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 1.32.32 PM.png

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSCvq42545

open to track the email subject in English. It should be visible to customers in a couple of days.

Thanks very much for this.

Is it possible to add HTML to this language file so the email can contain some formatting instead of ASCII? Nothing complex, just <b>, <p>, <ol>, etc.

Unfortunately this is limited. I would recommend a tac case and get attached to a defect. The customization is taken from the associated portal.

Cheers. It seemed like it may be able to be added to the language file discussed above.