cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE server message

tomyip
Level 1
Level 1

I just added a local username (called admin) and a password to an ISE server via CLI. It's a SNS-3495-K9 model and the IOS version is 1.2.0.899. It worked just fine. I tried to do the same for other ISE server, the same model and IOS and I get the following repeated message when I logged with the admin username:

"You are not the owner of /var/run/screen/S-admin."

But when I log in with another local username/password via CLI, I'm able to successfully log in. No message.

Any idea what the issue could be?

3 Replies 3

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have seen similar issues before with ACS. It seems like something got messed up with the permissions. Unfortunately, you don't have root access so you will need to reach out to Cisco. They can install a root patch and fix the permissions. 

Also, have you tried:1

- Removing the username and re-adding it

- Adding a different username and see if you get the same error

- Confirm that you have the "role admin" at the end of the created user

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

I've entered a new username and it works fine. The problem is entering the same username but different password. I also tried removing it with no luck and re-adding it and it does have "role admin" at the end.

That is indeed a strange behavior. I just tested in my lab and I did not have an issue. I guess if it works with the new username then that is somewhat of a solution. If you want to get this cleaned up though you will need Cisco's assistance. 

Thank you for rating helpful posts!