This tcl script applies to Cisco ISRs running IOS 15.3(3)M1 or later, and 15.4(1)T or later that have an embedded LTE interface - C819(H)G-4G or LTE eHWIC). For GPS output, a GPS antenna is required. The following document can assist with ISR GPS deployment:
The tcl script leverages IOS EEM to allow for receiving status information via SMS text messages. Included in this script is the ability to provide information about LTE radio signal and connection, GPS coordinates, and reachability via ping. This is done by sending a text message to the phone number (e.g. MDN or MS-ISDN) associated with the 4G SIM in the ISR.
To install the script:
- Download the tcl file
- Copy the tcl file onto the ISR flash (via USB, TFTP, FTP)
- Insert the following IOS commands into the ISR running configuration
- event manager directory user policy "flash:/"
- event manager policy sms_lte_sgp.tcl type user
To test the script:
- determine the phone number of the SIM in the ISR via the following IOS command
- for C819G-4G: show cell 0 hard | i ISDN
- for LTE eHWIC: show cell 0/x/0 | i ISDN (where x is the slot number, found by from "show ip int brief | i Cell"
- send a text message to the phone number with only one of the following per text: