Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type.
Showing results for
Search instead for
Did you mean:
Steps for Creating an Etherchannel Between Catalyst Switches Running IOS
This document provides simplified steps for creating a layer two port channel between two Catalyst switches running IOS. In this example we're creating a portchannel between a Catalyst 4500 and Catalyst 6500 using LACP.
When creating a port channel, it is very important that it be done in the proper order.
1) Determine the port channel numbers you want to use on both ends and make sure they are not already in use
2) Configure all interface attributes prior to assigning them to the port channel
3) Assign the interfaces to the port channel
4) Verify the port channel is up and the interfaces are properly bundled
1) Determine the port channel numbers you want to use on both ends and make sure they are not already in use with the "show etherchannel summ" command.