cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1701 log entry "delete request for probe" - what does it mean?

david.baker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I'm seeing multiple entries in the log buffer of a Cisco 1701, and I've no idea what it means:

Nov 10 11:05:42.836 GMT: a delete request for probe id 2431 found

Nov 10 11:57:59.810 GMT: a delete request for probe id 2431 found

Nov 10 12:05:43.503 GMT: a delete request for probe id 2431 found

etc...

I've seen this on other routers too, but have never been able to find an explanation. On this particular device they started appearing after an IOS upgrade from 12.11(T7) to 12.4(5).

Any ideas?

Thx

2 Replies 2

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The above message was introduced starting in in later IOS where we have a situation whereby router crashes once an RTR probe is configured.

This symptom is observed when the RTR and the fallback system process are not

synchronized. For each RTR probe, the fallback system creates a cache entry and keeps it

for cache timeout. During the cache timeout, the fallback system process sends an event to

RTR and frees the entry, but RTR sends an event after the cache entry is deleted.

The enhancement request was raised by the fallback component, which is a client of IP

SLAs. This is to ensure that the router does not crash in case the fallback component

requests for some stats from IP SLAs for probes which are awaiting deletion as a result of

a fallback entry getting deleted.

As far as the business impact is concerned, these messages can be safely ignored.

Thanks for that.

Is there any way that they can be excluded from the log buffer?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: