cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1721 Failover Configuration

bill.brosius
Level 1
Level 1

I have two ISP connections and two 1721 routers. I would like to configure them for LAN-Based failover, but have no idea where to start. I have both routers setup with identical configs. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

I feel HSRP can be of best bet to you ...

i would suggest to check this link for more info in HSRP.

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/tk321/tsd_technology_support_sub-protocol_home.html

Basically in hsrp we do have active and standby topolgy in which we track the interface which is connected to SP in your case.

In normal conditions the primary box will be forwarding the traffic and the secondary will be out of action once the tracked link goes down the secondary comes into action and starts forwarding the traffic.

HSRP also provides load balancing for that you need to have different HSRP groups configured in your routers..

If you are thinkin something inline with the reduandncy as well as load balancing i would suggest to take look into GLBP feature..

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: