cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2960X LED Status in CNA

RJ Riemensnider
Level 1
Level 1

CNA 5.8.9.1 and now CNA 6.0 allow me to administer 2960X switches but I am not getting LED status on them.

22 Replies 22

RJ Riemensnider
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone seeing the same?

Same thing here, upgraded from version 5.x to 6.0 and still the same problem.  This would be nice to get fixed as it would have saved me a lot of time and headache this morning.  

Well 6.1.0 was released and in the resolved caveats section is says:

CSCud99837 (Applies to the WS-C2960X-48FPD-L switch)

In the Front Panel view, the port numbers are no longer jumbled, and the connected ports are indicated by the green color.

But still no port status for any of my 2960X switches running 15.0 or 15.2.

Is anyone reading this?

Good,

One year later, Cicco put their lights on for the problem.  Hope they will put there LEDs on the switchs faster ;-)

Hi,

There are two bugs related with 2960X:

CSCud99837 - Connected ports light are not blinking in front panel view
Symptoms:
- Connected ports light are not blinking in fpv and port number arrangements are jumbled(not proper)

CSCum09576 - Software upgrade and FPV LED is displaying wrongly for 2960X device
Symptoms:
- Device FPV LED is displaying wrongly in 2960X device.
- Software Upgrade is failing in 2960X device

First one is already fixed, second one is planned to be fixed in CNA 6.3.

Regards,
Mariusz

No port led at all on my 2960X. The 2960 is OK.  Hope the 6.3 release will correct the bug and before the end of life of the 2960X.

Exactly the same thing for me with CNA 6.0 and a C2960X-48TS-L. 

vbreton
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem (No port led status) with CNA 6.0 and all of my WS-C2960X-48FDP-L software 15.0(2)EX5-UNIVERSALK9

hkirschor
Level 1
Level 1

The same problem with CNA 6.1 and IOS 15.0(2)EX5 and 15.0(2a)EX5 and 15.2(3)E universalk9

what can I do?

I wish I knew.  It's a huge pain to not have visibility into port status.  i wish er could get an official reply from Cisco.

RJ Riemensnider
Level 1
Level 1

Well I upgraded to 6.2.0 hoping for the best but still nothing.  What gives?  Can anyone from Cisco give some input here? 

RJ Riemensnider
Level 1
Level 1

For what it's worth, I just opened a TAC case.  (636125027)  We'll see what they come back with.

This from Cisco....

Thanks for the information provided, I found a bug opened for the issue that you have. The bug id is CSCud99837, now the developers are working in fix the bug, unfortunately we don’t have a workaround now.

Any news about this issue?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: