cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3845 DS3 NM Not Polling Properly

Robert Juric
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a 3845 with a DS3 network module. In my NMS I have discovered that the standard OID for utilization is not supported by the network module. Any ideas if an IOS upgrade could resolve this issue. Not being able to see current utilization on that interface is a serious problem for my company.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated,

Robert

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You don't want to look at the T3 controller, but rather the serial interface created from it (Serial4/0).  That is where the main configuration from the circuit will go.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the "standard" object for utilization that your NMS is using?  Most NMS platforms use a combination of ifInOctets, ifOutOctets, and ifSpeed to produce a utilization percentage.  These are all very common objects, and should be instantiated for any interface.

On a DS3, you will probably want to go with ifHCInOctets and ifHCOutOctets, but again, those should be instantiated.  Post an SNMP walk of your ifTable from this router.

I have to say I cannot recall exactly which OID was not supported, or where I saw it so I will withdraw that statement.

However, I'm attaching the SNMP walk of the ifTable. You can see that it's not reporting 0, but it's not reporting anything at all. The same thing goes for an identical router and DS3 module that we have in another datacenter.

You don't want to look at the T3 controller, but rather the serial interface created from it (Serial4/0).  That is where the main configuration from the circuit will go.

Wow, I feel stupid. Thanks for clearing that up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: