Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

3DES on 2621

Hey All,

I'm trying to configure 3DES on my 2621 this is how I configured it so far:

ip domain-name Test

crypto key generate rsa

ip ssh time-out 120

ip ssh authentication-retries 3

line vty 0 15

transport input ssh

When I try to connect via SSHv1 I receive a login prompt but it will not accept a username and password I set up. It won't accept the enable secret or line passwords either.

Any Ideas?

Ideally I would like to be able to validate SSH using the line password and use the enable secret password at user exec mode. Not sure if that's possible though.

Thanks a lot,

Scott

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: 3DES on 2621

Scott

I think the issue you are asking about is not so much about configuring SSH but about how you have authentication configured on the 2621. If we knew some things like whether aaa was enabled on the router we could give you better advice.

I am not sure that you can use SSH and validate with the line password since SSH wants to use a name and a password. If you can post the relevant parts of the configuration - if aaa is configured the aaa authentication and/or authorization commands. Also the config of the console and vty ports. This would help us understand what is happening and what you need to do to get the results that you want.

HTH

Rick

Hey Rick,

You are absolutely right...sorry about the lack of info. However, I did get this to work exactly how I wanted it to (with the line password) by adding the following lines:

aaa new-model

aaa authentication login default line enable

Thanks,

Scott

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Scott

Thanks for posting and giving the solution of your problem. It makes the forum more useful when we get to see the solutions and know that they work. I am glad that you got your issue resolved.

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content