Views
Helpful
Replies

403 Forbidden error

colan.haisell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have inherited some existing CWorks Servers and get an error on one when I attempt to log in. When I try to login as Admin I get the following 403 Forbidden error:

'Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /cwhp/LiaisonServlet on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.'

This Server is configured in AAA Mode Local mode, no SSO and DCR Standalone.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Please post the list of services and their startup parameters as seen in the Services control panel.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the server Windows or Solaris?

It is a Windows Server.

Please post the list of services and their startup parameters as seen in the Services control panel.

Hello,

Thanks for you time with my question. Please find below the list of Services and their startup parameters as seen in the Services Control Panel:

Name - Status - Startup Type

CiscoWorks ANI database engine - Started - Automatic

CiscoWorks Daemon Manager - Started - Automatic

CiscoWorks RME NG database engine - Started - Automatic

CiscoWorks Tomcat Servlet Engine - Started - Automatic

CiscoWorks VisiBroker Smart Agent - Started - Automatic

CiscoWorks Web Server - Started - Automatic

CWAWFEngine database engine - Started - Automatic

CWCS Cmf database engine - Started - Automatic

CWCS rsh/rcp service - Started - Automatic

CWCS syslog service - Started - Automatic

CWCS tftp service - Started - Automatic

DFM dfmEpm database engine - Started - Automatic

DFM dfmInv database engine - Started - Automatic

IPM NG database engine - Started - Automatic

ProcSysBus - Started - Manual

CiscoWorks was operating correctly and the error began occuring post physical Server reboot.

I have just compared my list above to the list of Services on my correctly operating CWorks Server and noticed some differences. The differences are in the 'Startup Type' which I changed myself (to see if it would rectify another issue with CWorks processes randomly stopping). I have now matched up the 'Startup Type' of each Service on the malfunctioning and functioning CWorks which has resolved the Forbidden issue that I originally asked about.

Many thanks for your time and prompting me to look at the 'Startup Type' of the Services.

Thanks again and regards,

Col

Do you mind posting the correct Startup Types for other people to use?

Everyone of the services should be Manual expect Daemon Manager, CWCS syslog, CWCS rsh, and CWCS tftp.

I had this problem after upgrade from LMS 3.1 to 3.2 and I solved it by restarting processes with this at the command line:

net stop crmdmgtd

net start crmdmgtd

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco