Views
Helpful
Replies

6500vss chassis oid?

Eric Hansen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello    

I am trying to find the OID value for the chassis or 'processor board id' on a 6500 vss.  Normally I would think 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.3.6.3 but this returns no value.  So I mib walked the standard tree on one of my 6500's and searched it for the serial number, nothing.  I then walked the private on the same device and still no fields matched the serial number.  There is also no command for 'snmp-server chassis-id" on the vss IOS code that we are running 12.2(33)SXI3.

is there an OID for chassis on a 6500vss?

e-

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you try walking entPhysicalSerialNum (.1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.11) on the device? You might want to walk the entPhysicalTable to get a description of chassis/module.

1.3.6.1.4.1.9.3.6.3 is now deprecated

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you try walking entPhysicalSerialNum (.1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.11) on the device? You might want to walk the entPhysicalTable to get a description of chassis/module.

1.3.6.1.4.1.9.3.6.3 is now deprecated

That seems to work if i pull it as a table and take index 1, thanks.  So here is my followup, i seem to be really bad at looking up OID's.  Obviously i am no good at walking a device and searching for it, shouldn't this have showed up in a walk?  Is there a better way to look up OIDs?

The OID's would be populated and would appear depending on the type of walk you do (where you start in the tree).

The best way to find MIB's is to go to the SNMP Object Navigator and look at the supported MIB's in your IOS, then go through various individual MIB's to see what they are composed of, many are simple such as the IF-MIB which is all interface related stats.

Others you'll need to check through.

As for deprecated MIB's, many list the replacement, and believe it or not google is a good way to look for specific supported MIBs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: