cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6506-e - RME Error

rice.randy
Level 1
Level 1

While trying to pull config for a 6506e get this error:CM0056 Config fetch failed for g0ghq3esw1 Cause: CM0204 Could not create DeviceContext for 17118 Cause: CM0206 Could not get the config transport implementation for 10.160.8.29 Cause: UNKNOWN Action: Check if required device packages are available in RME. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed.

What updates do I need?

15 Replies 15

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the sysObjectID from this device? You can find that under Device Center > SNMP Walk. Just walk sysObjectID.

I just noticed that no configs for my 6504-e's are pulling. What updates do I need to to for CW to pull.

CM 4.0

DFM 2.0

IPM 2.6

RME 4.0

If updates are required, what order are they to be installed?

These are not complete versions. What is the exact version of RME you have, plus, what is the sysObjectID of this switch?

RME - 4.0.5

SysObjectID - RFC1213-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: CISCO-SMI::ciscoProducts.657

Support for this switch is available in Cat6000IOS package version 6.1. This package can be downloaded via the Common Services > Software Center > Device Update interface.

While installing CAT6000ios GOT this error:

Cat6000IOS

WARNING : Cat6000IOS(6.1):Consistency check failed for base package SharedInventoryCatIOS

ERROR: Error while installing (SharedNetshowSC): D:appsCSCOpx emppsuinstall

meSharedNetshowSC.zip cannot be installed because, the current mdf version:1.12 is LESS THAN the minimum required mdf version:1.16

Where do I fin MDF 1.16?

The MDF is found by selecting Common Services in addition to RME when performing the Device Update. Select all available updates.

rice.randy
Level 1
Level 1

For Product(s) : Resource Manager Essentials

Install Invoked by user : admin

The Package(s) Selected for Install :

I installed MDF update and still get this message while trying to install CAT6000IOS package:

LibCommon

ERROR: Error while installing (LibCommon): C:psu_download

meLibCommon.zip cannot be installed because, the current mdf version:1.12 is LESS THAN the minimum required mdf version:1.19

You must not have installed the MDF correctly. The current latest version is 1.21. This time, select just Common Services, pick the MDF 1.21 update, and install it. That should prompt a daemon restart. When you're able to login again, then install the RME updates.

rice.randy
Level 1
Level 1

When I select Common Services and go get the download I get :

All the available package(s) at source location are already installed.

Dosen't this mean that the current MDF is already installed?>

If you click on the CiscoWorks Common Services link under Device Update, what do you see?

rice.randy
Level 1
Level 1

I select Common Services,

I click "Check for Updates"

I get the source location display,

I select Cisco.com,

I enter my CCO info,

I click next, then I get :

All the available package(s) at source location are already installed.

No, just click the hyperlink "CiscoWorks Common Services" under Common Services > Software Center > Device Update.

rice.randy
Level 1
Level 1

Package Map

Filter Source: Package Name Version

Showing 1-1 of 1 records

Package Name Version Description

1. Mdf 1.12 MDF Package

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: