Views
Helpful
Replies

6506 unreachable

ranginroshkg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have problem with our Cisco works, which is showing 6506 in topology services as unreachable, but in cisco view it shows the devices completly. It was showing before in topology services and about 50 devices now only 30 devices & 9 reachables. seed device is 6500. Pls give your ideas.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I do not understand the last sentence. When you enable debugging for ANI, you can specify to what file you want the data written. If the device is showing as unreachable on the topology map, there should be some indication as to why in that file.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of CiscoWorks are you using?

Cisco works version is 2.2

In LMS 2.2, CiscoView and Campus Manager use different credentials. Check your Campus SNMP settings under Server Configuration > Setup > ANI Server Admin > SNMP Settings to make sure the community string info is correct.

If the read-only community string is correct, you can also enable core and corex debugging under Server Configuration > Setup > ANI Server Admin > Debugging Options, and check the configured log file for errors pertaining to your unreachable switch.

I checked the Snmp string, that is correct in the server configuration. In debugging options I didn't get any files for checking.

I do not understand the last sentence. When you enable debugging for ANI, you can specify to what file you want the data written. If the device is showing as unreachable on the topology map, there should be some indication as to why in that file.

Hi,

Thank you for the information, now it is working fine. The problem was string. In SNMP settings we entered IP address like this 10.X.*.* and then string, Is it needed to give exact Ip rather than this? now I added the exact IP and run rediscovery.

See this was the error logs I got before:

2006/11/27 11:27:01 SNMPThrPool2 ani CheckUnreachable: Device 10.X.X.1 is not SNMP reachable

2006/11/27 11:31:50 EvalTask-background-40 ani DeviceIdentity: 10.X.X.1 hostname: 10.X.X.1

2006/11/27 11:31:50 EvalTask-background-40 ani WARNING CoreSMFGetDeviceType: Skipping device 10.X.X.1 because it was never reachable

After changes I got logs:

2006/11/28 10:32:35 Discovery ani CheckUnreachable: Testing 10.X.X.1 for reachability.

2006/11/28 10:32:35 SNMPThrPool3 ani CheckUnreachable: Device 10.X.X.1 is SNMP reachable