Helpful
Replies

6509 switches not appear in Topology views

jooil-lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

None of our 6509 switches are not appearing

Topology Services window and I've got lots of switch clouds, and devices are appeared as "not connected".

Do I need some extras settings on those 6509s? They are in DCR, RME finds all inventory data so I think device credentials are right.

Thanks,

Jooil

4 Replies 4

frankzehrer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Jooil,

what version of LMS are you using? Ans what patches did you applied to the machine?

how do you discovered the 6509?

Which IP did you used? One of the devices IP? A Loopback IP?

Is the device IP a switched or routed IP Interface?

Best regards,

Frank

Hi Frank,

I'm using LMS 2.5, and recently applied the December/05 patch.

CS 3.0.3

CM 4.03

CV 6.1.2

DFM 2.0.3

RME 4.0.3

I dont' know how the 6509's were discovered at first stage. I guess we added manually when we first tried CW2000. Then I imported the data from the old LMS to this new LMS2.5.

IP address that I'm using is loopback address, Lo0. Usually we use loopback address for all routers.

Thanks,

Jooil

Hi Jooil,

i had some trouble here with the mixture of autodiscover after install, manually addes devices and imported data.

I guess the Lo0 is setup in the MSFC. See if your hardware and used IOS is in the supported device table:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/cscowork/ps563/products_device_support_table09186a00804fcfb7.html#wp347208

Then i have purged all databases with teh following pocedure (copied from another thread here in the forum):

Open a DOS shell and issue the command:

net stop crmdmgtd

Once you get the prompt back, open up the task manager and go to processes.

If any of these processes are listed, kill them manually:

sm_server

sm_authority

brstart

Now, go to CSCOpx\bin and issue the commands (case sensitive):

perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=cmf dmprefix=Cmf

perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=rmeng dmprefix=RME

perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmInv dmprefix=INV

perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmFh dmprefix=FH

Next, go to CSCOpx\campus\bin and issue the command:

perl reinitdb.pl -restore

To re-start the CiscoWorks application:

net start crmdmgtd

Wait 5-10 minutes and login to CiscoWorks

Do not forget to save your existing data!

Regards,

Frank

Hi Frank,

It didn't fix, and some 6509s that we have here were not in the supported device list so I'm just about to restore my old database. Those 6509s in the supported device list don't appear in Topology view as well, so I still want to fix this problem and get a nice Topology map in the future :-)

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Jooil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: