Views
Helpful
Replies

7600 NDE

mark
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have configured NDE and the sh mls nde shows data being exported. However only traffic being sourced or destined for the PE is being generated. I have deployed sniffers on various locations between the PE and the netflow collector but only the PE traffic is logged. What am I missing?

config

ip flow-export [ip address] 5022 vrf PE-MGMT

ip flow-export version 5

mls flow ip interface-full

mls nde sender version 5

ip flow-export source loop1

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This will only enable Netflow for hardware switched traffic. You may also need to enable Netflow on the MSFC for software switched packets. To do that, you need to enable "ip route-cache flow" on each desired interface. See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7600/ios/12.2SXF/configuration/guide/netflow.html for more details.

Hi

After some further testing and deploying the sniffer again, it appears that MSFC (software routed) traffic is being exported but PFC (hardware) is not being exported.

Anyone seen this situation before

Cheers

It would help to see the full show ver and show run to see if there are any other configuration or bug issues.

Hi

Finally got it sorted, it turned out to be a bug. NDE does not support exporting to a vrf this will be fixed in srd release in 2008

thanks for your help

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: