cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A CiscoWorks Agent CDP SNMP

miheg
Level 5
Level 5

I'm always a bit puzzled that so few network management systems are willing or able to place themselves in the network topology.

As I always say, getting the topology is 60% of the solution of your network problem.

As much as, or even more as I like to know where my callmanagers connect to the network, I would like to know the same for ciscoworks.

Whatever ciscoworks has to say about a network is directly related to its position in the network.

There are windows tools that can make a pc speak CDP, but none of them are able/willing to give this information via SNMP. The callmanager SNMP/CDP agent is the only exception.

Is there a way to separate this agent from the callmanager software? It will obviously not be able to see the CCM mib parts anymore.

Would there be a solution for Solaris to do something similar.

I think it would be cool if ciscoworks can put itself on the topology map.

Cheers,

Michel

1 Reply 1

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

It seems there is no such SNMP/CDP agent for Solaris.It is available for Windows and Linux.Even in this data from Windows cant be directly transferred to Linux systems directly.Refer the following URL for more information

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide09186a00806c51cb.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: