Views
Helpful
Replies

a problem with vlan.dat retrieval in the RME

ROMAN TOMASEK
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

the customer has LMS 3.1 and he uses RME for the backup of config files and vlan.dat files from netwrok devices. It is working fine, but he has problem with backuping vlan.dat files from the following switches: Cat2960-8TC,-24TC, Cat2960G-24TC,-48TC,-8TC and Cat3560E-24TD-E,S. I downloaded the latest packages for these devices into RME. I changed the telnet timeout value from 32s to 70s. But this issue still exist:-( The running and startup config from these switches is downloaded without any problem. Is it a bug?

Thank you

Best Regards

Roman

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What error do you get?  To fetch the vlan.dat, RME will log into these switches using either telnet or SSH, then do "copy flash:vlan.dat tftp:".  So, TFTP needs to work.  Verify you can manually copy the vlan.dat file from the switch back to the RME server using TFTP.

Hello,

I tried it manually and the copy is working ( i had to create empty file in the tftp directory under CSCOpx):-( The error mesage is that ssh and telnet is not available and tftp doesn't support fetching of vlan.dat. But ssh is working on the switches (the running and startup config is fetched by RME without any problem from these switches). The credentials verifications is done with OK for ssh and enable secret for these switches.

Roman

Enable ArchiveMgmt Service debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Appliction Loglevel Settings, re-run the job, then post the dcmaservice.log.

Hi,

I'm sending you the log file.

Regards

Roman

I'm seeing this error:

%Error opening tftp://157.206.55.214/2010091311361493-157.206.53.81.cfg (Timed out)

Is that the correct IP address of your RME server?

Hi,

Yes, the IP address of LMS is 157.206.55.214.

When you did the copy manually, what command did you use?  RME is not doing anything special.  It will first create the file mentioned in the URL (on the RME side), then execute that copy command from enable mode.  A time out typically points to a firewall, ACL, or host-based security application blocking the TFTP transfer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: