cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AAD.log

ariesc_33
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I'm having an error regarding AAD.log and diskwatcher. It seems that log directory is full. Is'nt automatic purging of old data includes the AAD.log?

Anysuggestion on how to get rid of this problem?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CiscoWorks does not automatically configure global purging of log file data. Some logs rotate themselves automatically, but you should use the logrot.pl utility to do this for all of your logs.

However, without knowing the specific error in question, I cannot say whether log rotation will fix it.

any quick solution for this now?

What specific files should i delete?

Thanks

Again, you haven't provided enough details to know exactly what your problem is. But you should never delete any log files. You should only rotate them. Any log file is safe to rotate, so if all you want to do is reclaim some space, rotate the largest files.

When i try to open alerts, error appears (check AAD.log). also diskwatcher says that log size is below 20 percent.

This first error probably has nothing to do with disk space. You should check the contents of the AAD.log for errors.

The disk space warning is probably a good indication that you should consider developing a log file rotation policy, but it is probably not immediately fatal.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: