cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing via Cisco Network Assist unconfigured new Catalyst 2960 Switches

akinnaija
Level 1
Level 1

Hello pals, am IT admin for my firm and I have just replaced some switches with Cisco Catalyst 2960 series. I have downloaded on my laptop CNA, I just want to knw how I can access the switches knowing fully well that they well not configured , just placed there for forwarding of frames and for interconnection of the LAN. Am pretty new to cisco devices and the network is just getting bigger.

please how do I access these switches without them been configured through Cisco Network Assistant.

2 Replies 2

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

At a minimum, you need an ip address configured on the switch in order to manage it in CNA.

in a case where ur switches r just bought and placed on the racks and u just have a large number of workstations with DHCP as the means of assigning IP addresses. Though u have PIX firewall device. but on this switch it is just mounted for minimal management...I want to start doing something creative with it. tell me how to go about it

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: