Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ACE Module - Unable to view Memory Utilization (HUM)

hi,

I am unable to view Memory Utilization of ACE Module via HUM.

And when I try to select it via 'Graph It', it says no instance available.

Is it supported by HUM.

9 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: ACE Module - Unable to view Memory Utilization (HUM)

This is most likely bug CSCtb68766. If the ACE module does not support the cpmCPUTotal5MinRev object, then getting CPU utilization will fail. There is no workaround.

The bug details are not stated in the Bug Toolkit.

Secondly, I had mentioned the issue with Memory and not CPU. CPU values can be seen via HUM without any problem.

Cisco Employee

sorry, the problem is slightly different. The ACE does not support the CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB nor the HOST-RESOURCE-MIB. Eithout either of these two MIBs, you will not be able to create a poller for memory on ACE modules using the built-in template.

However, the version of the CISCO-PROCESS-MIB supported by the ACE may have some memory objects. Post an SNMP Walk of 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.

Hello,

Please find the SNMP walk output attached.

Regards.

Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, the CPM supported by the ACE doesn't have the necessary system objects to poll for available and free memory. You will not be able to use HUM to poll its memory stats.

So is there any other way by which I can record the ACE Memory readings for historical reporting etc.

Thanks

Cisco Employee

Not using SNMP. You would need to use some screen-scraping tool to parse CLI output.

Can TCL Scripting on ACE be used to achieve this.

Cisco Employee

I'm not that familiar with scripting on the ACE platform, but I believe the scripting was only for manipulating SLB characteristics.

Views
Helpful
Replies