Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ACE Resource MIB/OID for CACTI

Hi,

I looking for the exact mib.OID for the resources(conc-connections, bandwidth, ssl-connections rate....) that show up when doing a 'show resource usage' so I could monitor them in CACTI.

I have been looking into this, but not being an expert in MIB's I cannot seem to find the exact ones.

Thank you,

Stephane

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: ACE Resource MIB/OID for CACTI

It looks like the ciscoL4L7ResourceLimitTable and ciscoL4L7ResourceUsageSummaryTable from the CISCO-L4L7MODULE-RESOURCE-LIMIT-MIB will give you what you want. The OID for the tables are 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.480.1.1.2 and 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.480.1.1.5 respectively.

So in the CISCO-L4L7MODULE-RESOURCE-LIMIT-MIB, things like ssl-connection rate are there. But, how do I associate the index values with the names from 'show resource usage'? The class name is encoded in the OID, but I can't find anything that says like ...480.1.1.4.1.3..9 is "ssl-connection rate".

Do I have to assume that since "ssl-connection rate" is the 8th row in 'show resource usage' it will be the .9 index?

Just answered my own question. CiscoRateLimitResourceType contains a list of resource type mappings. e.g.

sslConnections (9) : SSL connections per second.

Hi!

Could you please provide me your template for Cacti? To monitor SSL connections? I'm trying to develop it myself but I'm not good :s!

Finally I've done it myself on Cacti:

http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?p=174500#174500

Hope it works for you ! :)

Views
Helpful
Replies