Views
Helpful
Replies

acquisition menu fix needed

mdazadzaki
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i have encountered the following error when accessing the campus manager acquisition tab. it is a clean copy updated to december updates accordingly and updated to the latest patches 4.0.4 (same goes for the other applications). is there any advice on how to fix this?

many thanks

HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error

type Exception report

message Internal Server Error

description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.cisco.nm.ani.clients.utng.action.UTDiscoveryStatAction.perform(UTDiscoveryStatAction.java:47)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionPerform(ActionServlet.java:1786)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1585)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:491)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2417)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)

at org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.process(Ajp13Processor.java:457)

at org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.run(Ajp13Processor.java:576)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Apache Tomcat/4.1.29

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This error is a symptom of a bigger problem. The error that is causing this can be found in NMSROOT/log/Cmapps.log on Windows and /var/adm/CSCOpx/log/Cmapps.log on Solaris. You should open a TAC Service Request, and include this Cmapps.log as well as NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log. The problem should be easy to spot then.

That said, my gut tells me you either have a problem with your System Identity User (see Common Services > Server > Security > System Identity Setup) or you are trying to integrate with ACS, and there is a mis-configuration. For your System Identity User, make sure that this user exists in either CiscoWorks or ACS (if integrated with ACS), and make sure it is a full admin equivalent user.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is LMS integrated with ACS? If so, do you have the system identity user configured and with appropriate permissions?

What are you seeing for the status of the process ANIServer in the output of pdshow?

hi davistan,

yes currently LMS is integrating with our ACS, i have assigned in ACS that system administrator have all access to LMS applications.

the status on the aniserver in the output of pdshow shows "Running with busy flag set"

did i missed out anyting? please advice thanks

The system administrator you mention, is it the actual system identity user? Do you have the system identity user setup as the user "admin"?

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This error is a symptom of a bigger problem. The error that is causing this can be found in NMSROOT/log/Cmapps.log on Windows and /var/adm/CSCOpx/log/Cmapps.log on Solaris. You should open a TAC Service Request, and include this Cmapps.log as well as NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log. The problem should be easy to spot then.

That said, my gut tells me you either have a problem with your System Identity User (see Common Services > Server > Security > System Identity Setup) or you are trying to integrate with ACS, and there is a mis-configuration. For your System Identity User, make sure that this user exists in either CiscoWorks or ACS (if integrated with ACS), and make sure it is a full admin equivalent user.

hi,

Thanks, yeah that solves my problem, my system identity on lms was still using the default "admin" credentials which was not registered in acs. that rest my case... many thanks... your help is appreciated