cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS Cisco Secure vs. Cisco Clean

lcoles
Level 1
Level 1

Since Cisco Clean will authenciate can it take the place of Cisco Secure? Has anyone done this swap? Thanks, Laurie

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As I read the Cisco Clean Access server documentation ("CAS—Gateway server and enforcement engine between the untrusted (managed) network and the trusted network."), it is not intended to be a general-purpose RADIUS/TACACS server like CiscoSecure ACS is.

Even if it were possible, what would be the merit of doing so? I have found it generally inadvisable to use equipment for other than its intended purpose. An ACS implementation, especially on an appliance, is a relatively easy thing to set up and works real well doing what it's intended to do. Absent any shortcomings of that device, why would one want to muck with it?

I was unable to find the answer to my question on the cisco web site. For me at least, their web site reminds me of the old IBM manuals. That is why I was asking the question. Why would you use authenciation on Cisco Clean?

To answer your question, I wasn't going to muck with anything. I was just posting an inquiry. We have ACS now but it is a unix version and doesn't interface with Kerbrose. I'm trying to decide what the replacement would be for our ACS besides ACS for windows.

Is anybody out there using Cisco Clean? If so, how do you like it? Thanks, Laurie