Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ACS-SE Upgrade to 4.2 Problem

Hi,

I've run into a strange problem with an upgrade an ACS solution engine from ACS4.1 to ACS4.2.

I managed to upgrade the box fine, but realised the password for the local admin account was not what I thought. So I went through the process of resetting it the account, but every time I entered the new password I got the error.

"Error: Failed to set password: rc = [997] Overlapped I/O operation is in progress."

I rebooted the server several times, but kept getting the same error.

I had not invested a lot of time in the upgrade, so I re-ran the recovery DVD, however now when I try and login using the default Administrator username/password I get the error

"Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password."

I have run the recovery DVD several times, each time with the same error.

Anyone seen this before? Seems a little strange, almost like the Administrator credentials are not stored on the ACS-SE Hard Disk (as it's formatted as part of the recovery).

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: ACS-SE Upgrade to 4.2 Problem

You are hitting Bug: CSCsm98543. Occurs only in ACS 4.2, when try to perform password recovery in appliance. To recover the password, the only solution was the re-image.

Re: ACS-SE Upgrade to 4.2 Problem

Thanks for your message. I have re-imaged the appliance, with version 4.2 and 4.1 recover DVD. After the re-image when I try the default username/password (Administrator/setup) I get the normal username invalid or bad password error.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content