Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

acs5.2 time sync issue

Hello EveryOne ,

ACS5.2 time sync breaking once in near around one month and not able to authenticate after that  .I am using domain controller (Windows Server 2008 R2) as NTP server for ACS .

What is the reason for it , is there any bug in 5.2 release or do i need to configure a thired device and point as NTP for ACS and domain controller .

Thanks for your reply /

---------------------------------

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is a known bug (CSCua99537) documented in the ACS release notes that affects ntp between ACS and Windows time service when either is runnig in a VM. This bug is still open even with ACS 5.4.

Using a 3rd device would be a good option. I typically use a core switch (or pair of switches) in my networks pointing to a public Stratum 1 server and then reference internal devices to it.

Thanks Marvin ,

Here the nighet ACS nor DC is on VM   .ACS is appliance and DC is windows server on physical h/w .

Is this time sync bug applies on this senario also where both boxes are physical boxes not on VMs .

Thanks for your reply

Well the bug only is documented to apply to one or the other device being a VM but you  may have uncovered a new situation.

I would still reference NTP from an external Stratum 0 or 1 source as a best practice.

yeah , I agree with you , I will check and revert back .it will take some time for me to do it due to priority issues .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: