Views
Helpful
Replies

AD authentication for LMS asap

shahkamrah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have done the installation of LMS 2.6 on windows.Everything seems to work fine.Few of my issues are pending ..

1.In the user tracking report i am not able to see anything in the username column.

2.I tried to integrate the LMS with the Active directory ..For some reason it not working fine ..

I added all the information required ,this information i got from the microsoft guys ..not sure about the same..

I have done this installation in the standalone environment.Now i changed it to domain..

when i logon to the server(windows) through domain in the services it still shows the services running in the local user account,Please find the attachment for the same.

Please let me know what am i doing wrong or please let me know the complete procedure ..its urgent

6 Replies 6

shahkamrah
Level 1
Level 1

Any Suggestions

Thanks

Is there a way i can check whether request is reaching the Active Directory or not..

Use a sniffer tool, or look at the AD server logs.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is nothing wrong in this screenshot. This is what should be happening. To pupulate usernames in User Tracking, you will need to install the UTLite tool on your Windows clients. This is typically done via a logon script from the domain controller. All of this is documented in the LMS online help at http://server/help/CMcore/CmHelp/Ut_UndUTLite_Conc.html .

As for AD integration, what do you mean it's not working fine? Is it just the service logon parameters that you are concerned about?

I have kept the fallback for the admin password and it only works for that ..For the users which are in the Active directory it does not work it say authentication failure.

Is there any logs generated when the user is not authorised or sniffer is the only way which can help..

i wonder what else can be the issue if microsoft guys give me the surety about the credentials entered..

You can enable debugging for the module in the GUI, then the output will be written to NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log. The most typical problem is that the AD server does not allow anonymous binds.