cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adapt Diplayname in DCR after DNS change?

Tobias Heisele
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! Is there a possibility that the displayname in dcr will automaticly adapt to the DNS name? After a DNS name change, I always have to adapt the displayname manually in DCR. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This can be made to happen if you are using Campus Manager Device Discovery, and you have the following set in DeviceDiscovery.properties:

nameserver.updateDCRDisplayName=true

nameserver.updateDomainNameSuffix=true

The second property is optional, and will also allow the domain name to be updated as well. DeviceDiscovery.properties can be found in NMSROOT/campus/etc/cwsi. You do not need to restart any daemons after editing this file.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This can be made to happen if you are using Campus Manager Device Discovery, and you have the following set in DeviceDiscovery.properties:

nameserver.updateDCRDisplayName=true

nameserver.updateDomainNameSuffix=true

The second property is optional, and will also allow the domain name to be updated as well. DeviceDiscovery.properties can be found in NMSROOT/campus/etc/cwsi. You do not need to restart any daemons after editing this file.

Will this also work for DFM now?

I think until now I have to remove and add a device from DFM to get it updated.

Cheers,

Michel

This will not work for DFM since DFM does not respect Display Name. Yes, you will need to delete and re-add for DFM to recognize the change.