cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a second server for Ciscoworks

alukes
Level 1
Level 1

My current production server has DFM on it along with RME and CM. I want to move DFM to another server.

Due to having only one license for DFM, I assume I will have to delete DFM from the production server and load it onto the second server.

How do I safely delete DFM from the production server? DFM isn't currently in use and I don't need to save any information from it. I just want to make sure that I don't affect anything else when I do this.

I have LMS 3.0.1 so I should be able to use CiscoWorks assistant.

Also the second server has an old version of Ciscoworks. I plan on running Ciscoworks uninstall on it and loading the new version. Is there anything tricky about that? I have no need to save any information or database on this server.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You do not need to remove DFM from the production server. See http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cc17bc6 for a solution.

You can simply uninstall CiscoWorks from the second server. Once done, remove the leftover NMSROOT directory.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You do not need to remove DFM from the production server. See http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cc17bc6 for a solution.

You can simply uninstall CiscoWorks from the second server. Once done, remove the leftover NMSROOT directory.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: