Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding Devices to IPM

Ian Beck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have all my devices added but can not get any into IPM.

Could any one point me to a process or document to follow.

Is there something that has to be enabled on routers etc before you can devives to IPM.

Many thanks

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of IPM/LMS are you using? What types of devices do you have?

I am using LMS 3.1

And have 6500, 3750 and 2801.

Thanks

Make sure you have proper SNMP read-only and read-write credentials in DCR for these devices. If you are using SNMPv3, make sure the SNMPv3 group has appropriate write access. The 6500s must be running IOS, and all devices must be running something higher than an ipbase image.

Then, go to IPM > Admin > Auto Allocation Settings, and choose the devices you want to add (or enable auto allocation, and add all or groups of devices).

Hi,

So if understand this right without a write community PIM will not see a device and make it avaiable to create collectors ?

So the reason for a standalone router for the SLA set up.

Thanks

Right. without SNMP read-write capabilities, IPM cannot do any configuration.

The reason we typically recommend a "shadow" router, or router dedicated to IP SLA is that you can run bleeding-edge code on such a device to take advantage of all of the IP SLA features and bug fixes, but if it crashes, it will not impact your network.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: