cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1200 user tracking with campus manager 4.0.5

pazzoide76
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I have a problem with user tracking.

I have installed cisco lms 2.5.1 with the last update and all works fine.

The problem was with the user tracking.

With user tracking I can retrieve the end host user from my switch but if I tried to retrieve the end host from a aironet 1200 cannot see nothing.

If I have understand well user tracking retrieve the host information using the show cam command that is not supported by the Aironet.

It's possible to retrieve end host information from aironet 1200 with user tracking?

I attach my ut.log

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You are not currently using VLANs on this AP, and thus you will not be able to retrieve users. If you enable VLAN support on this AP (even with just one VLAN), then you will be able to acquire the users in User Tracking.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The access points support the Q-BRIDGE-MIB, and retrieving users is possible in UT. Please enable vmpsadmin debugging under Campus Manager > Admin > Campus Data Collection > Debugging Options, then reun a new User Tracking acquisition, and get the new ut.log. Then, provide the IP address and hostname of one affected AP1200.

Also, provide a show ver and show run from the same affected AP1200.

Thanks.

Today I enable the debug option and I will attach the ut.log and the show ver and the show run and the ip address of an affected aironet.

Bye

I attach the ut.log with new debug option,the show ver and the sho run of a Aironet.

The ip address of an aironet is 10.174.75.21 255.255.255.0.

Thanks

I attach also a pic of ut end host report

You are not currently using VLANs on this AP, and thus you will not be able to retrieve users. If you enable VLAN support on this AP (even with just one VLAN), then you will be able to acquire the users in User Tracking.

Thank you fro your response.

I will try to implement vlan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: