cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alert Filtering on LMS

jain.nitin
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, Can any one ahve idea for filtering lms alers. I want to allow only major alerts to be sent to customer mail-id. alers like interface up down & device not reachable, CPU & memory high utilization nothing else..how can we do this ?

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I assume you are referring to DFM. If this is the case, then, yes, you can do this. You will first need to define an Event Set for all the interesting events under DFM > Notification Services > Event Sets. Then, when defining your notification group under DFM > Notification Services > Notification Groups, only check the boxes in the Event section. Additionally, choose the Event Set you configured from the Event Set drop-down.

Once you have your Notification Group configured, you can tie it to an email subscription under DFM > Notification Services > E-mail Notification.

thanks for your reply. I know how to set that but can you explain me what is the best way to filter alerts..means only interface updowns alerts & reachability/unresponsiveness alerts should go to customer. if you have some kind of snap shot to do this...as I have created event set for critical & informational so there 1000 alerts going to customer mail..thnx

The Event Set controls what events are sent as notifications. Please post screenshots showing your Event Set and Notification Group configurations.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: