cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alerts stuck in DFM

aslyuch
Level 1
Level 1

I am using LMS 2.5 / DFM 2.0 , with ~ 160 devices. My problem is that there are some events that remain active although they became obsolete. I tried to rediscover/delete devices, I reinitialized the whole DFM database, but these events continue to appear as active. I am using Ciscoworks on Solaris platform. Is their any way to get rid of these obsolete events ?

3 Replies 3

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

You should be able to "Acknowledge" the alarm and then it should go away. Else, the method to remove the alarm is by going into the device that logged the Authentication Failure and then to clear the notice from there. You should be able to go into the Router and then in enable, type "clear log". This will clear the normal events. If the trap is still there, then need to clear the DFM database.

sfenderson
Level 1
Level 1

I have this same problem. Some alerts will just not go away even though the condition has cleared. I have a case open with TAC on this and I am awaiting a resolution. You can reinit the DFM databases to clear these.

The same problem...

Also - when I start Alerts and activities screen, all alerts have duration 999 hours.When I want to open any of A&A detailed view, screen with empty table apears, I have to wait 2-3 minutes for data to be displayed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: