Views
Helpful
Replies

All c3750s can be viewed in ciscoview except for 1

artagel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having a problem accessing a c3750 in ciscoview.  I have about 50 of these things in my network and they are all almost identically configured(except for IPs) and all run the same IOS.  When I try to run ciscoview on this one device I get this error: Can't find applicable device package for 10.200.249.20., Cause=Device package for this device type is not installed or device support for this device type might not be available or you are attempting to open a component inside a device., Action=Please install a device package for the device type or open the parent device to manage the component.

I know I have the right packages...

I'm attaching a trace of the problem device and a good device.  The problem device says:  CANNOT find device definition for sysObjId .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.516!, however this is the same objectid as the good one.

I'm also attaching the trace of the good one and the tomcat log.

Thanks for any help!
-Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like there might be an SNMP issue with this switch.  Perform a packet capture of all SNMP traffic to the switch when trying to open it in CiscoView.  Post the capture file.  Also, post a "show version" from this switch.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like there might be an SNMP issue with this switch.  Perform a packet capture of all SNMP traffic to the switch when trying to open it in CiscoView.  Post the capture file.  Also, post a "show version" from this switch.

Thanks,

I will do that soon. The switch is on a private network and I need to request access to the building.

-Dan

Hi Joseph,

It turns out a simple stop and start of the daemon manager fixed this issue. I think there was some kind of cache file that needed to be cleared out.

-Dan

Dan Gericke            

CISSP, CCNP, CCDP 

Operations and Support

Lockheed Martin/Taiwan

daniel.gericke@lmco.com

Blackberry: 858-344-7021

Within Taiwan:

Mobile:  091.074.1502

From outside Taiwan: 

Mobile:  +886.91.074.1502