shevchiksv
Level 1
Level 1

ANIServer Failed to run

-----ani.log-----

I= 0value *.*.*.*

I= 1value 6

I= 2value 1

2008/11/19 00:00:08 Thread-2 ani ERROR DBConnection$ConnectionCreator: Failed to establish DB connectivity because: java.sql.SQLException: JZ00L: Login failed. Examine the SQLWarnings chained to this exception for the reason(s).

2008/11/19 00:00:08 main ani ERROR DBConnection: Failed to acquire metadata for connection because of null DB connection

2008/11/19 00:00:08 Thread-3 ani ERROR DBConnection$ConnectionCreator: Failed to establish DB connectivity because: java.sql.SQLException: JZ00L: Login failed. Examine the SQLWarnings chained to this exception for the reason(s).

2008/11/19 00:00:08 main ani ERROR DBConnection: failed to connect to db via db-url jdbc:sybase:Tds:localhost:?SERVICENAME=aniDb

2008/11/19 00:00:08 main ani ERROR AniMain: failed to connect to db via db-url jdbc:sybase:Tds:localhost:?SERVICENAME=aniDb

ANI Server cannot connect to the database. Please stop and restart the System. If this does not work, please contact technical support.

-----ANIServer.log------

2008/11/06 15:23:42 Thread-2 ani ERROR DBConnection$ConnectionCreator: Failed to establish DB connectivity because: java.sql.SQLException: JZ00L: Login failed. Examine the SQLWarnings chained to this exception for the reason(s).

2008/11/06 15:23:42 main ani ERROR DBConnection: Failed to acquire metadata for connection because of null DB connection

2008/11/06 15:23:42 Thread-3 ani ERROR DBConnection$ConnectionCreator: Failed to establish DB connectivity because: java.sql.SQLException: JZ00L: Login failed. Examine the SQLWarnings chained to this exception for the reason(s).

2008/11/06 15:23:42 main ani ERROR DBConnection: failed to connect to db via db-url jdbc:sybase:Tds:localhost:?SERVICENAME=aniDb

2008/11/06 15:23:42 main ani ERROR AniMain: failed to connect to db via db-url jdbc:sybase:Tds:localhost:?SERVICENAME=aniDb

ANI Server cannot connect to the database. Please stop and restart the System. If this does not work, please contact technical support.

MESSAGE AniMain: Properties will be read from C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\campus\etc\cwsi\ANIServer.properties

FATAL ERROR: ANIServer cannot connect to Cisco Process Manager

Please, help me!

14 Replies 14

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this on Windows or Solaris?

windows

Please post a screenshot of the Services control panel showing the startup parameters for the ANI database.

Where can i find this startup parameters?

Excuse me, but it's my first installation CiscoWorks

In the Services control panel in Windows. This is found under Start > Administrative Tools > Services. The startup parameters are shown in the list of services.

I can't retrieve this kind of info in services. I see only list of processes on my server.

Не работает. First, you will need to set your server's locale to US English. Next, the services are set correctly, so you probably have an issue with your ANI database password. Run the following command:

NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe NMSROOT\bin\dbpasswd.pl dsn=ani

Where NMSROOT is the path into which you installed LMS.

Please enter the new password for database ani: Wed Nov 19 20:17:22 2008>

Please enter the new password again for verification: Wed Nov 19 20:17:26 2008>

INFO: Start changing password for database 'ani'...

Wed Nov 19 20:17:36 2008> ERROR: Failed to Start Database 'ani' because: Could not connect to engine 'aniEng' on 'aniDb' in Bulk mode. Check user id and passwords

Wed Nov 19 20:17:36 2008> ERROR: Failed to connect to database 'ani' with current password.

Wed Nov 19 20:17:36 2008> INFO: Trying the factory password for the database 'ani'.

Wed Nov 19 20:17:36 2008> ERROR: Failed to update new userinfo into database.

Wed Nov 19 20:17:41 2008> ERROR: Failed change password for database 'ani'.

Please see log file C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\log\dbpwdChange.log for details.

Ok, but i have already set locale to English, or maybe better reinstall full english version

Windows?

That is probably not necessary. The ANI database is most likely corrupt. It can be reinitialized to the default with the following command:

NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI

After that, ANIServer should start.

ANIserver still failed

ani.log

I= 0value *.*.*.*

I= 1value 6

I= 2value 1

2008/11/20 10:06:00 Thread-2 ani ERROR DBConnection$ConnectionCreator: Failed to establish DB connectivity because: com.cisco.nm.cmf.dbservice2.DBException: Invalid database property file. Database name or password are missing for DSN 'ani'.

2008/11/20 10:06:00 main ani ERROR DBConnection: Failed to acquire metadata for connection because of null DB connection

2008/11/20 10:06:00 Thread-3 ani ERROR DBConnection$ConnectionCreator: Failed to establish DB connectivity because: com.cisco.nm.cmf.dbservice2.DBException: Invalid database property file. Database name or password are missing for DSN 'ani'.

2008/11/20 10:06:00 main ani ERROR DBConnection: failed to connect to db via db-url jdbc:sybase:Tds:localhost:?SERVICENAME=aniDb

2008/11/20 10:06:00 main ani ERROR AniMain: failed to connect to db via db-url jdbc:sybase:Tds:localhost:?SERVICENAME=aniDb

Please post the NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/cmf/dbservice/DBServer.properties file.

Please

This isn't good. The ANI database is not listed in this file. At this point, I suggest uninstalling Campus Manager, then reinstall it.

When you do this, do it as a local Administrator logged in on the server's console. Temporarily disable anti-virus software, and set your TEMP and TMP environment variables to short values (e.g. C:\WINDOWS\TEMP).

Hi. I tried to reinstall full LMS and in process of istalling RME i get message

"Could not open file C:\....CSCOpx\databases\rmeng\rmeng.db"

What does it mean. Really i can't find it. Where is it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: