Views
Helpful
Replies

Ani Server Failure Log

mironduplessis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been trying to troubleshoot our Ciscoworks LMS 2.5 server.

I am unable to get the ANIServer process to start properly. I have followed the TAC notes about reinitialising the database with no luck. The ANI.log contains the following:

I= 0value *.*.*.*

I= 1value 6

I= 2value 1

2006/07/01 23:56:03 Thread-2 ani ERROR DBConnection$ConnectionCreator: Failed to establish DB connectivity because: java.sql.SQLException: JZ006: Caught IOException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

2006/07/01 23:56:03 main ani ERROR DBConnection: Failed to acquire metadata for connection because of null DB connection

2006/07/01 23:56:04 Thread-3 ani ERROR DBConnection$ConnectionCreator: Failed to establish DB connectivity because: java.sql.SQLException: JZ006: Caught IOException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

2006/07/01 23:56:04 main ani ERROR DBConnection: failed to connect to db via db-url jdbc:sybase:Tds:localhost:?SERVICENAME=aniDb

2006/07/01 23:56:04 main ani ERROR AniMain: failed to connect to db via db-url jdbc:sybase:Tds:localhost:?SERVICENAME=aniDb

ANI Server cannot connect to the database. Please stop and restart the System. If this does not work, please contact technical support.

Does anyone have any suggestions

28 Replies 28

mironduplessis
Level 1
Level 1

The server doesnt seem to be listening on that port

when doing a netstat. I presume it should be listed and either listening or established.

Miron

Find out which TCP ports the dbsrv9 process associated with ANIDbEngine is listening on. It should only be listening on one TCP port, but be bound on two UDP ports (2638 and 43443).

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you receive any error messages when trying to run the reinit procedure?

Did you run ./reinitdb.pl -restore?

Hi,

Yes this is the message I receive when attempting the command. I have checked and the daemon manager

process is running.

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\campus\bin>reinitdb.pl -restore

This will erase all data from the database. Are you sure [y/n] ?y

CampusOGSServer is running. Stopping CampusOGSServer...done

START reinitdb...

Dropping database tables Wbu* ...

ani:::::Wbu

ERROR DropTable: Failed to establish DB connectivity because: java.sql.SQLExcept

ion: JZ006: Caught IOException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: c

onnect

ERROR DropTable: Daemon Manager could be down.Please start the Daemon and try ag

ain..

Reinitdb terminated with errors.

Regards

Miron

what version of windows is LMS 2.5 installed on? Also, was this an upgrade from LMS 2.1 or 2.2 or a new install?

If you try restarting the daemon manager do you get an errors?

Windows version 2000.

Upgrade from 2.2. It has been running for about 6 months on the new version.

I can stop and start the daemon manager without errors.

Miron

Still no luck, think ill blow away this server.

Would be good if they actually brought out a version

of CiscoWorks software that was cutting edge.

Before trying a reinstall you might want to try doing a reset casuser and possibly a dbPasswd for ANI to see if it clears up these errors.

nope no luck, when i have 10 hours available ill

Ill reinstall the server.

Thanks for the help mate.

May not be that bad. Shutdown dmgtd. Then go to C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\databases\ani. Do you see an ani.log file there? If you do, remove it, then run:

C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\objects\db\win32\dbsrv9 -f ani.db

That should complete quickly. When it does, try starting dmgtd, and see if ANIServer can properly connect to the database.

Hi,

I followed your instructions but unfortunately still no luck.

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\campus\bin>pdshow ANIServer

Process= ANIServer

State = Running with busy flag set

Pid = 9512

RC = 0

Signo = 0

Start = 07/04/2006 10:10:42 AM

Stop = Not applicable

Core = Not applicable

Info = ANIServer started.

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\campus\bin>pdshow ANIServer

Process= ANIServer

State = Running with busy flag set

Pid = 9512

RC = 0

Signo = 0

Start = 07/04/2006 10:10:42 AM

Stop = Not applicable

Core = Not applicable

Info = ANI Server cannot connect to the database. Please stop and rest

art the System. If this does not work, please contact technical support.

This is after I have restarted the system.

Miron

What is the status of ANIDbEngine? What does ANIDbEngine.log look like? What do ANIServer.log and ani.log look like now?

Hi,

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\bin>pdshow ANIDbEngine

Process= ANIDbEngine

State = Program started - No mgt msgs received

Pid = 8468

RC = 0

Signo = 0

Start = 07/04/2006 10:03:37 AM

Stop = Not applicable

Core = Not applicable

Info = Server started by admin request

ANI Log

I= 0value *.*.*.*

I= 1value 6

I= 2value 1

2006/07/04 10:10:49 Thread-2 ani ERROR DBConnection$ConnectionCreator: Failed to establish DB connectivity because: java.sql.SQLException: JZ006: Caught IOException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

2006/07/04 10:10:49 main ani ERROR DBConnection: Failed to acquire metadata for connection because of null DB connection

2006/07/04 10:10:50 Thread-3 ani ERROR DBConnection$ConnectionCreator: Failed to establish DB connectivity because: java.sql.SQLException: JZ006: Caught IOException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

2006/07/04 10:10:50 main ani ERROR DBConnection: failed to connect to db via db-url jdbc:sybase:Tds:localhost:?SERVICENAME=aniDb

2006/07/04 10:10:50 main ani ERROR AniMain: failed to connect to db via db-url jdbc:sybase:Tds:localhost:?SERVICENAME=aniDb

ANI Server cannot connect to the database. Please stop and restart the System. If this does not work, please contact technical support.

ANIServer Log

Informational: ANIServer starting Cisco Process Manager communication thread

messages will be logged to file: C:/PROGRA~1/CSCOpx/log\ani.log

MESSAGE AniMain: Properties will be read from C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\campus\etc\cwsi\ANIServer.properties

Informational: ANIServer starting Cisco Process Manager communication thread

messages will be logged to file: C:/PROGRA~1/CSCOpx/log\ani.log

The ANIDbEngine log is empty.

Regards

Miron

Check the TCP/IP network settings for the ANI datasource under Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC). The server port should be tcp/43443. If it is, check the value of DBConnection.dataSourceUrl.ani in C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\www\classpath\com\cisco\nm\cmf\dbservice\DBServer.properties. It should be:

jdbc:sybase:Tds:localhost:43443?SERVICENAME=aniDb

It sounds like those ports may not be in agreement.