Views
Helpful
Replies

ANI Server process restarts for no apparent reason

sirbaughmf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am having trouble with the ANI Server restarting for no apparent reason. We are pushing the limit as far as number of devices. The log file indicates the ANI Server has exited with an unexpected status, stopped with signal 6, exit value 0 and no core dump.

Has anyone seen this problem???

4 Replies 4

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The last time I saw something like this for ANI was due to the database being corrupt.

I have seen it for other processes when installing something like terminal services on the same server.

Thanks, I tried to reinit the ANI DB even with the -restore option and now when discovery runs it only runs to about 33% and then freezes. Also, the java process is running between 50-70% CPU usage. I have reduced the seed file by 75% and still there discovery is freezing and CPU utilization is high.

What version of Campus Manager are you running?

What IDU (or SP) do you have installed?

Do you have the multiple community strings option enabled?

I am running version 2.2 of Campus Manager with IDU 11. Yes I did have multiple community strings enabled. This morning I have done another reinit.db -restore, turned off all UT discovery, removed the enable multiple community strings, and have started another discovery.