Views
Helpful
Replies

ANIServer 6.0 Error

Mhon Baul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I got problem viewing the topology services. I have Campus Manager 5.1.1. I always got this error.

Cannot connect to ANI server: ANIServer6.0-hostname

Probable Cause

Unknown Error...

Recommended Action

Verify that ANIServer6.0-hostname is running and restart Campus Manager

Anyone had encounter the same problem? How can i solve this problem?

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure that TCP ports 42342 and 43242 are open between the client and the server. That is, from the client, make sure you can telnet to the server on these ports, and that you receive a connection. For example:

telnet SERVER 42342

telnet SERVER 43242

Hi Clarke,

Thank you from your prompt response.

I did what you have said and there is no page appeared. It shows only cursor blinking, does it mean its open or not? I tried to scan to see if the ports you told me were open. Attached here is the output of my scan.Btw,if those port were not open, how can I open those ports in Solaris 10? Also im using multi-homed NIC to (access my server and server to the cisco devices). I'm using LMS 3.1 installed in Solaris. Hope you can help me. Thanks in advanced! .

Please post the output of the /opt/CSCOpx/bin/pdshow command from the server.

Hi Clarke,

Attached here is the pdshow.Thanks!

regards,

reymon

This pdshow looks good. If you cannot reach those two TCP ports from your client, you must have a firewall or ACL blocking them. However, if your telnets did not complain about a timeout error, and successfully connected, then maybe your nmap is broken.

Post the output of the Java Web Start console from your client after reproducing this error.

Hi,

I don't have any access-list or firewall going to my server. I can use telnet in login to the server.

here is the output of my java web start console:

exception:

CouldNotLoadArgumentException[ Could not load file/URL specified: viewer]

at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

wrapped exception:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: viewer (The system cannot find the file specified)

at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)

at java.io.FileInputStream.(Unknown Source)

at java.io.FileInputStream.(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Also i tried to open the topology services on the server itself and there is pop-up telling me that hostname mismatch and java version mismatch. How to install the correct java as im not familiar with solaris.

This doesn't look to have anything to do with Campus Manager. In your Java control panel, go to the Advanced tab, and expand the Debug option. Check all three boxes. Restart your browser, and re-launch Topology Services. when you get the error, post the javaws trace log under HOME\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\log.

As for installing JWS on Solaris, see http://SERVER/help/cmf/jplug_install_solaris.html .

Hi,

I have the same problem - when I try to start Topology Service I get the same message regarding ANIServer. Server on which everything is installed is WIN2003 Server. I checked status with pdshow and it seems ok.

I also tried to manually stop and start ANIServer, to reinitialize campus DB and after no success to restore it back.

Also I found one post where is was suggested to put IP address and host name in:

c:/WINDOWS/system32/drivers/etc/hosts

but that didn't help also.

In attachment u can find traces.

Thx,

Jelena

Please start a new thread for your problem.

Hi,

I opened new thread with topic:

ANIServer 6.0 Error on Windows server.

Can you pls take a look and give me some idea what to try next?

Thx,

Jelena

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco