In what there can be a problem?

pdshow ANIServer

ANIServer.properties

4 Replies 4

achrich
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Sorry to jump on your thread but I have the same issue running LMS Prime 4.1 - fresh install. I have verified the ANServer.properties file and appears not to be corrupted.

I have re-initalised the database - which appears to be completed successfully but this process still fails to start ( note : i had to use  PS_explorer to kill a process which still had the DB file open despite the service being stopped to do the re-initalisation successfully  )

I installed using local admin to a directory with no spaces in it ( c:\program_apps ) running on Windows 2008 SP2 inside a ESX3.5.

C:\Program_apps\CSCOpx\bin>pdshow ANIServer

Process= ANIServer

State  = Failed to run

Pid    = 0

RC     = -2

Signo  = 1073741822

Start  = N/A

Stop   = 11/04/2012 13:34:20

Core   = Not applicable

Info   = Application failed or was registered incorrectly.

I have no data inside the LMS yet but cant progress this issue at the moment to add anything in.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Idieally you may want to check if the ANIServer.properties is corrupt by matching it with ANIServer.properties.orig file. The file should not be less in size than the orig file.

To recover just copy the content from ANIServer.propertis.orig to ANIServer.propertis and modify the following lines :

DEVICESROOT=$NMSROOT\\campus\\lib\\classpath

Ideally in .orig file DEVICEROOT will be blank and NMSROOT is the install directory of you Ciscoworks Server, like :

DEVICESROOT=c:\\Progra~1\\CSCOpx\\campus\\lib\\classpath

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Thanks - in the end it was the DEVICESROOT which was set to "." Now seems to be running.

Good to know the feedback on it worked. please close the thread if this is fixed now.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: