cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP and fastethernet interface software(disabled), hardware (down)

asegales1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Our company has 4 Cisco 1200 Access Points. Due to a switch fall (lost connectivity) it seems one of the AP has the fast ethernet interface down (hardware) and is disabled (software).

Now it's working as a repeater (using another AP that is near). If the one that has works well falls we lose connection in the whole place!

The interface has been reset 7 times. We have the at very high level (more than 20 meters). Any help will be good!

PD: i've attached some shots of AP3 and AP4

2 Replies 2

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

This problem is most likely to appear if fixed duplex is configured on the AP; with auto duplex configured at switch. Configure both the AP and the switch for half (not full) duplex and either 10 or 100Mbps. Note: with fixed speed and duplex, auto-MDIX is disabled, so you may need to change the cable from straight-through to crossover or vice versa.

The following link may help you for problem resolution

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5861/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008021e5df.html

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, but all the APs we have are configured the same way and except for AP3 all are working.

Check out the attachments.

The FastEthernet interface in all the APs are set up to AUTO.

In the switch all WIFI ports are as FULL/100MB

Do I need to set them up all to half/100 as you recommend me?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: