Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Archive poller question

Can anyone tell me where RME gets the numbers for the home page config archive collection status? On my system it says

314: success

14: failed

32: partially successful

Now, when I click on the latest Archive poller job I get a different set of numbers:

Successful: 194

Failed: 21

Partially Successful: 145

Checking one of the devices from the archive poller job:

Device: hhcs092 Status: Failed

*** Device Details for hhcs092 ***

Protocol ==> Unknown / Not Applicable

CM0062 Polling hhcs092 for changes to configuration. CM063 Error polling for change on PRIMARY STARTUP config, not fetching the config. CM0065 No change in PRIMARY RUNNING config, config fetch not required CM00 Polling not supported on VLAN RUNNING config, defaulting to fetch. CM0151 VLAN RUNNING Config fetch failed for hhcs092 Cause: TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 10.79.8.228 - Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times. VLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP.Failed to detect SSH version running on the device. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required.

I find this same device from the home page by clicking the number next to partially successful devices:

25. hhcs092 PRIMARY RUNNING May 24 2009 04:25:11 Successful

26. hhcs092 PRIMARY STARTUP May 24 2009 04:24:59 Successful

27. hhcs092 VLAN RUNNING Jun 12 2009 04:21:14 TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 10.79.8.228 - Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times. VLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP.Failed to detect SSH version running on the device.

I just noticed that the "Accessed at" date is May 24 for the configuration fetches and June 11 for the vlan.dat fetch. Why is that?

Also not sure why this reports a telnet authentication failure. I can get to it from device center with no problem.

I am running RME 4.0.5.

Views
Helpful
Replies