Views
Helpful
Replies

Archiving Configs on RME 4.0.5 - Solaris

birengandhi
Level 1
Level 1

When trying to verify my Directory it points to:/var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma

Is that correct or Do I have to point it to:/var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma/shadow.

Is there a Web Access to all my config files?

15 Replies 15

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

Not really, thats because the system assigns a sequential number to each device and thats how it keeps track of the configs...by that number, not any human discernable mathod. Now you can dig into each directory and find out what device it belongs to, but the number of devices I have thats untenable (~5K)

Thanks there.

However when I dig into:

/var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma,

I only have 4 Devices in all being backedup.

What morecan I do, to resolve these?

Enable ArchiveMgmt Service debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Loglevel Settings, then run a config sync job against a device that does not have its config archived. The error you get in the job results plus the dcmaservice.log should give you an idea of why the archive is failing.

Hi There,

I only have ConfigEditor & Not ConfigSyncJob, as you suggested. ScreenShot attached. pls. advise.

You need to enable ArchiveMgmt Service debugging. This is found under the ArchiveMgmt application in Loglevel Settings. Once it is enabled, you can perform a Sync Archive operation for one failing device, then look at the job results and the dcmaservice.log for information as to why the config is not being archived.

Hi there,

The following services, won't start on my Solaris server today, after I changed the IP address on the server today. Most I am concerned about is: ANIserver

1. DFMCTMStartup

2. EDS

3. DeviceDiscovery

4. FHPurgeTask

5. FDRewinder

6. ANIServer

7. UTMajorAcquisition

8. EDS-GCF

9. EDS-TR

10. jrm

11. CTMJrmServer

12. ChangeAudit

13. SyslogAnalyzer

14. DataPurge

Is there a way, I could restart that service?

When you change the IP address of the server, you need to do the following:

* Shutdown dmgtd, then delete all gatekeeper.ior files under NMSROOT

* Make sure that if you have modified NMSROOT/lib/vbroker/gatekeeper.cfg, that you change the IP address in this file to be the new IP address of the server

* Restart dmgtd

I haven't modified gatekeeper.cfg, at all.

However, I just verified that both of files:

gatekeeper.cfg & gatekeeper.cfg.back has no IP addresses listed in it.

Pls. advise?!

If the files have never been modified, then just delete the gatekeeper.ior files, and restart dmgtd.

I just searched for gatekeeper.ior file, there is none under, vbroker.

ls -l

total 10

drwxr-x--- 2 casuser casusers 512 Feb 1 12:04 bin

-rw-r----- 1 casuser casusers 1891 Feb 2 11:07 gatekeeper.cfg

-rw-r----- 1 casuser casusers 1891 Feb 2 11:06 gatekeeper.cfg.back

#

Does that show up, when I stop the Deamon?

Gatekeeper.ior will be automatically regenerated when RmeGatekeeper restarts.

Gatekeeper.ior will be found under /opt/CSCOpx/www/classpath and /opt/CSCOpx/campus/www/classpath.

Hi Joe,

I continue to have the same problem. ANiServer won't start.

I have Double verified, all steps under:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps3996/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008022f962.html#wp1078582.

What else, could I do?!

SR # 605587059

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: