cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Archiving configurations fails/LMS 2.5

olsonc0510
Level 1
Level 1

I finally got SMNPv3 to work. I now want to gather the config from my devices but it fails everytime. I don't even get an alpha-numeric error code. The message is:

"Unable to get results of job execution for device. Retry the job". I've doublechecked device credentials, and also the Transport settings (telnet). Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

mnewnam01
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem here. Getting failed status based on telnet authentication failures, but I can telnet to my devices files. Devices in RME as "normal", meaning they are in D&C. What's up?

At least you are getting something specific. Have you checked device credentials in both RME and Device Center. You may need to "resubmit" in RME to get proper credentials. I've noticed a success in Device center doesn't necessarily mean a success in RME until I resubmit. Let me know if you need more info.

I fixed my problem by building a file with telnet passwords for each device and importing it into D&C. I guess there is no other way to get telnet passwords into D&C for a large number of devices. I had hoped that a CM device discovery or RME inventory would suck in the telnet passwords, but it doesn't.