Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Archiving configurations fails/LMS 2.5

I finally got SMNPv3 to work. I now want to gather the config from my devices but it fails everytime. I don't even get an alpha-numeric error code. The message is:

"Unable to get results of job execution for device. Retry the job". I've doublechecked device credentials, and also the Transport settings (telnet). Any ideas?

• Network Management
3 REPLIES

Re: Archiving configurations fails/LMS 2.5

Same problem here. Getting failed status based on telnet authentication failures, but I can telnet to my devices files. Devices in RME as "normal", meaning they are in D&C. What's up?

At least you are getting something specific. Have you checked device credentials in both RME and Device Center. You may need to "resubmit" in RME to get proper credentials. I've noticed a success in Device center doesn't necessarily mean a success in RME until I resubmit. Let me know if you need more info.

I fixed my problem by building a file with telnet passwords for each device and importing it into D&C. I guess there is no other way to get telnet passwords into D&C for a large number of devices. I had hoped that a CM device discovery or RME inventory would suck in the telnet passwords, but it doesn't.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.