Views
Helpful
Replies

asa 5510 limiting maximum download size

zedone2014
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding an issue that my client is having when trying to download from the Microsoft website. He has a network which is protected by an ASA 5510, but he is unable to download files that are larger than 2Gb in size. I initially thought that it may be a browser issue as some older browsers have a limitation on the download size, but my client is using the latest version of Firefox. Also, he can download with no problems if he logs onto an access point which does not sit behind the firewall, but has issues when he tries to download through the ASA. Does anyone have any suggestions about what I need to look at on the ASA to see if there is a download limit imposed (if that is indeed possible - I know that you can limit the transfer rate but I'm not so sure that you can limit the actual download size although I may be wrong!). Apologies if I sound like a noob - I've got very limited experience with Firewalls, especially ASA so any guidance would be really, really appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance for your help,

Paul

1 Reply 1

Matthew Ratliff
Level 1
Level 1

A few things to check...

1.  Is url-filtering configured on the ASA?  This could lead you to the webfiltering server to see if it is being controlled there. 

2.  What service policies are applied on the ASA?  There could be a policy-map that is controlling the amount per connection.

3.  Check to see if there is a CSC module that could possibly be controlling it.