cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AUS proxy section in RME device export

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In the process of troubleshooting an "aliased devices" problem in RME 4.3.1, I exported out the device list for comparison with the DCR export. The following is seen at the end of the csv export. All three are ASAs that are present earlier in the ";Start of section 0 - Basic Credentials" section as well. I'm wondering what they are there for.

;              
;Start of section 1 - AUS proxy              
;              
;HEADER: management_ip_address host_name domain_name device_identity display_name aus_username aus_password aus_url aus_port      
;              
hostname1 fqdn.com  hostname1
hostname2 fqdn.com  hostname2
hostname3 fqdn.com  hostname3

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

RME can use an Auto-Update Server to manage some devices such as PIX and ASAs.  If you were using an AUS proxy, the additional information would show up in this section.  The fact that you just see the device's hostname means an AUS is not being used.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

RME can use an Auto-Update Server to manage some devices such as PIX and ASAs.  If you were using an AUS proxy, the additional information would show up in this section.  The fact that you just see the device's hostname means an AUS is not being used.

Thanks for your explanation. Since then I've also found that all the ASAs showing up there are ones that cannot be inventory-collected / unknown device type, due to the ongoing issue in this thread: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3059937

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: