Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Auto Discovery mangles hosts

I auto-discovered a network in CW Campus Manager with multiple sites connected through an ATM network . All neccessary seed devices and IP address ranges had been configured and there were about 350 results. What now happened is that some (not all) of the discovered devices have a "wrong" neighbor, so the topology view looks very funny. F.e., a network device with an IP address of 10.21.x.x/24 has an neighbor with IP address 10.28.x.x/24 and so on. Logging on to this devices and "show cdp neighbor" do not show these neighbors, but the right ones. Anything looks like being correct...

I reinitialised the Campus Database, but without success... What is happening here???

Regards

Bernd

• Network Management
4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Auto Discovery mangles hosts

In an ATM network, Campus will attempt to use ILMI neighbors. What does "show atm ilmi-status" report?

Hi,

this behaviour occures on LAN Switches... There is no atm network connected to the switches, only the WAN routers are connected with ATM...

Regards

Bern

Cisco Employee

Then you should walk the cdpCacheTable from the CISCO-CDP-MIB for these switches. That will show you what Campus is actually seeing when it does its Data Collection. Make sure that the CDP neighbors as seen via SNMP are correct.

I just did a SNMP Walk at one of the regarded devices. What i do not see is an output for CISCO-CDP-MIB and therefore of course no CDP NEIGHBOR...

BUT: The wrong devices disappeared from the neighbor table, so that anything now looks fine... I don't understand that, but it's working now ?!?

Regards

Bernd

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.