Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automatic archive configuration

Hello everybody!

I have simple but annoying problem - i'm trying to implement archive command but my devices don't do any automatic configuration backup. When i hit "archive config" or  "write mem" it backups configuration perfectly, but after that nothing happens. Here is part of configuration:

archive

path tftp://10.13.0.28/wwwwwwwwwwwwwww

write-memory

time-period 1

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tkatsiaounis
Level 1
Level 1

You should use kron (yeah like Linux cron) to execute write memory command and then the archive config you have will send the write memory output to the ftp server. So it is going to be like

!

archive

write-memory

!

!

kron occurrence Backup at 13:15 Wed recurring

policy-list Backup

!

kron policy-list Backup

cli write

!

Another thing you can consider is using a tool like Rancid (linux based and free) which not only archives your configuration automatically but it also keeps versions and you can check any changes.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

tkatsiaounis
Level 1
Level 1

You should use kron (yeah like Linux cron) to execute write memory command and then the archive config you have will send the write memory output to the ftp server. So it is going to be like

!

archive

write-memory

!

!

kron occurrence Backup at 13:15 Wed recurring

policy-list Backup

!

kron policy-list Backup

cli write

!

Another thing you can consider is using a tool like Rancid (linux based and free) which not only archives your configuration automatically but it also keeps versions and you can check any changes.

Splendid! Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: